Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blog 9: My Last Day

As I sit here in my last class of my college days, I can't help but feel a little sentimental. I have learned so much during my time at UNI. I have met great people (and some not so great), I have had countless eye opening experiences, and I have grown as a person. I have decided upon a career path, and have made valuable connections through my line of work. I have taken classes that don't pertain to my major. I have taken classes that I learned almost nothing in, and I have taken classes where everyday I learned something new.

I have lived with a man from a foreign country, a man extraordinarily different from myself, and 6 of my closest friends. I have lived in the dorms and off campus and seen the benefits of both. I have managed to maintain my sobriety, and my sanity, through all four years. I met a girl, whom I love, and she, and her family, has changed my life forever.

I have stressed myself to the breaking point an come through the other side successful and triumphant. I have been on the brink f failure only to pull myself up at the last minute. I have changed majors; twice. I have passed tests without studying, and bombed them for the same reasons. I have butted heads with professors, and made friends with others. I have struggled through the abysmal scheduling and gotten all most of my credits taken. I have learned the dos and don'ts, ins and outs of being a student.

I look forward to being able to share my experiences with my younger siblings, cousins, and friends. I look forward to being able to help enhance their college experience, so that it may be even better than mine.

But, my journey is not over. I have been accepted to graduate school here at UNI in the field of Leisure, Youth, and Human Services. I will be emphasizing in Leisure services with my end goal to be an administrator in charge of facilities and operations at a large university. I have worked at the UNI Dome and McLeod Center for all four years of my college career. Through working here and moving up in the ranks to where I am now - a Student Supervisor and hopeful Graduate Assistant - I have gained more experience with customer service and crowd control than I thought imaginable for an on campus job. It has lead me to my career path and introduced me to something I am passionate about.

I have not only survived my years at UNI, I have thrived.

 UNI Till I Die!

No comments:

Post a Comment